Growth and Maturity are irritating as a... MF

Thoughts, rants, ravings, and annoyances

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

So you're officially grown.......
This is a moment I've been dreading for a while. For the past 3 years I've lived somewhere in limbo between adulthood and young adulthood... I've had many of the benefits of being an adult yet still had to deal with someone else censoring my actions to an extent. Don't get me wrong... my folks are wonderful people but it's hard for them to look at me as being an adult. I've started my new job... when people ask what I do I can no longer tell them I am a student... no I'm an attorney and prayerfully soon I'll be NJE, Esq. It's amazing, frightening, and exciting all in the same breath. I'll soon have a mortgage, car note, cable bills.... no longer will someone else be footing the bill.... it is all on me. There is something liberating and frightening about making your own decisions in life. You're the only one to blame if they turn out to be bad ones yet if they're great it shows some signs that you may be slowly maturing to the person that you're meant to be. Lord knows I've made enough bad decisions in life so this new found freedom is something that I have to be careful with. I'm really making a concerted effort to look to God as my guiding force and honestly do and be what he would have me to be. So many changes going on in my life these days but I do feel comfort in knowing that it will be alright in the end. So yeah... i'm officially grown, so now what?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger jb said…

    you got this nathalie!!! I started working full time a few weeks ago. I ain't a fancy shmantzy attorney but I'm doing my best. we will be faboulous grown ups!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Tazzee said…

    good to see you post!

    I can't imagine the anxiety you might be experiencing. I guess I've been somewhat grown since I was 14 - when I started working and helping with the bills around the house. I was a little anxious when I graduated and got a real job, but that didn't last long. Allowing God to lead me was the best decision I ever made.

    Welcome to full adulthood. You'll be great at it.

    Now parenthood - that is something I am avoiding like the plague...

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Icey said…

    GO Legal GO Legal(doing the cabbage patch!!) You all offiskal and thangs!!

    You are just so incredibly intelligent I am sure, as long as you allow God to lead you, things will go fine. When you do make mistakes as long as you learn from them they can be learning experiences.

    Rock on mama!! (as my three year old says)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home