Growth and Maturity are irritating as a... MF

Thoughts, rants, ravings, and annoyances

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spelman: 125 Years of Women Who Change the World


Spelman thy name we praise...... I remember the first time I heard those words and they actually meant something special and important to me. It was at 4am in sweltering Sister's Chapel... as I stood around watching my sisters as the candlelight shone on their faces I knew that I had entered into something special. I knew that this place... Dear Spelman would be a place that I would come to love and cherish. Spelman is where my story began and although I have yet to discover an ending I have to thank her for the role she played in helping me to become the woman that I am today. I have to thank her for allowing me to encounter and befriend the D.I.V.A.S (Divine Inspirational Virtuous Anointed Sisters) -four of the most amazing women on the planet and my sisters for eternity(Tdizzle, Mal, Sharla, and Dirht). I don't know if I've ever told her how much I grew while I was there, how many wonderful experiences I had within her gates... how hard I worked while I was there, how many moments I cried and laughed, how many friends and lasting friendships I gained. Spelman I truly love you and celebrate all 125 glorious years of your existence.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought I'd post a comment since I didnt know there was another "legal diva" blog, came here via my blog's Site Meter...This is quite entertaining. My blog is at http://wwww.xanga.com/legaldivaesq

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Single Ma said…

    This is a very nice blog entry. My daughter aspires to be a Spelman student one day. The sisterhood is phenomenal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home