Growth and Maturity are irritating as a... MF

Thoughts, rants, ravings, and annoyances

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So yeah I know I've been gone for a while...............
So I think I forgot this blog existed for a second...... life has been a little hectic to say the least..... moving to a new city, adjusting to the new job and playing the waiting game.....I took the big quiz (i.e. the bar exam) back in July........

So here's the rundown:
  1. The Bar Exam.................I PASSED!!!!!! I found out on October 14, 2005 at approximately 11:55A.M.... that all that damn time I spent slaving in law school actually meant something because I am now qualified to practice law in the state of Tennessee
  2. The Job.......things are going well. I had a busy period... rolled into work on Thursday morning at 8:30A.M. and found out I had to have a bag packed and be at the airport to go to Dallas in order to meet with a client for NINE HOURS!!!! I know i'm young but a sista's body be weary after doing stuff like that...... other than that.... trips back to Memphis from time to time, legislative affairs meetings, and hearings from time to time........all else is well
  3. The House...........so as of November 30, 2005.... I'm a homeowner. I signed my life away in blood along with an ovary, my first born, and my right arm to the mortgage company..... Good lawd it was a lot of paperwork and they wanted EVERYTHING from where my parents, sister, god momma's sister's cousin twice removed..... whole nine.... I was like dang... ya'll are going to make damn sure i pay for this house
  4. Adjusting to Cashville........ I'm having a good time thus far..... i have some fabulous sorors in town that are just great. I'm still actively searching for my spots...... i.e. places where I enjoy the people, atmosphere, etc..... I haven't gotten involved in an alumni chapter here for Spelman or my sorority but that will soon be coming.... all in all the people are pretty decent and the city isn't horrible. I'm still on the quest for the perfect hairdresser and hopefully I'll find her before these stylists take my hair out.
  5. Man front..........don't want one, ain't looking, not on the market, not even entertaining potential candidates.... i'm just not feeling it thus i'm not interested in wasting anyone's time including my own
  6. Spirituality..............I've been tremendously blessed.... still dealing with a couple of life changing issues but I really am trying to work on my relationship with God and striving to be a better person and ultimately the woman he wants me to be. I am on the cusp of joining a church here.........it's a very large church and I've honestly never been into the mega-church thing but I love the minister and the message I receive every week and I honestly look forward to going.

I will begin to post again sometime in the near future........there have been so many things I've wanted to say and so much on my mind but I just haven't taken the time to write it down.........the regular blogging will resume.. I can't promise every day but I'll make the effort.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Icey said…

    Welcome Back attorney!

    I heard about the passing of the Bar and I sent out congrats over on AJC! CONGRATS again! I am older than you by about 5 or 6 years but I haev REALLY been considering law school. Every time I think I have talked it out of my system (I'm too old, not enough time, what about work, what if I can't handle it), God shows me why I need to do this but my disobedient behind still ain't moved!!! Pray for me!!!

    Homeowner huh? Wow!! Exciting!! We have been in our house for 5 months and I still can't believe I own a home...LOVE IT! And doesn't the darn mortgage company want EVERYTHING! lol

    And Men? OVERRATED!!!!!

    Glad to see you are back on the blog wagon!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Tazzee said…

    'the dead has arizen' (a la Mister's father in The Color Purple).

    Do your thing LegalD! Congrats on homeownership, when's the party!

    You aren't the only one focused on drawing closer to God, its been a recurring theme with many of my peeps. For me the good thing about joining a mega church was the fact that I could be anonymous for a while (after being very active in a small church). And like you, I thought I'd never join one - but the message from the pulpit really spoke to me.

    I'm looking forward to you posting more often - although I can't say that I'll be diligent about reading and commenting.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Bossbitch, Do your fucking thing, Get that paper baby!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home